Sacristans care for the sacred vessels and vestments used in celebration of the Mass.
- Prepare the altar, credence table, sacramental elements, vessels and books needed for each Mass
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Altar Servers are present for the Mass
- Assist the celebrant in any way needed
- Return the sacred vessels and articles for worship to their proper places after Mass
- All sacristans are responsible for advising the head sacristan of any needed equipment or supplies